Please read and electronically acknowledge the waiver below:
In consideration of being allowed participating in any way in the Louisiana Hiking Association activity
program, and any related events, trips, hikes or activities, the undersigned:
1. Understand that hiking and backpacking are very strenuous physical activities and that the
undersigned is in good physical health and condition to participate in the activity they have chosen
without illness and has no adverse physical condition that would impair them on that activity.
2. Agree that prior to participating, the each will inspect the facilities and equipment to be used and if
they believe anything is unsafe, they will immediately take action to alleviate such unsafe condition and
refuse to participate in the activity.
3. Acknowledge and fully understand that each participant will be engaging in activities that involve risk
of serious injury, including permanent disability and death, and severe social and economic losses which
might result not only from their own actions, inaction or negligence, but also the actions, inactions or
negligence of others, the rules of play, or the condition of the premises or environment, or of any
equipment used. Further, that there may be other risks not known to us or no treasonably foreseeable at
4. Assume all the foregoing risks and accept personal responsibility for the damages following such
injury, permanent disability or death.
5. Release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue the Louisiana Hiking Association, its officers,
administrators, directors, agents, coordinators, or other
volunteers of the organization, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers and owners
and leases of premise used to conduct the event, all of which are hereinafter referred to as “releases”
from any and all liability to each of the undersigned, his or her heirs and next of kin for any and all
demands, losses or damages on account of injury , including death or damage to property, cause or
alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the releases or otherwise.
6. Agree that the clauses of this Acknowledgement are severable and not joint. Should any clause of the
Acknowledgement be found null in a court of law, that provision will be considered severed from the
Acknowledgement and the remainder of the Acknowledgement shall be considered valid and binding.
7. This release pertains to the undersigned’s voluntary participation in a Louisiana Hiking Association
event, hike or backpacking trip.
All potential participants must sign. Parent or guardian must sign for participants under 18.
"BY INDICATING YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THIS AGREEMENT AND WAIVER, YOU ARE
AFFIRMING THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS AGREEMENT AND WAIVER
AND FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU ARE GIVING UP
SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU
ARE SIGNING THE AGREEMENT AND WAIVER FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY, AND INTEND
BY YOUR ACCEPTANCE TO BE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL
LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW."
I accept the agreement & wish to join using PayPal. I decline the agreement.
I accept the agreement as a visitor